Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 6

Great class today. I really appreciated the participation and the thought that was put into comments. I hope it wasn't all due to the candy bribes. Brother Escoto reminding me to bring the lesson back to the part in Alma 5 when it asks "After you have been born again, do you feel so now?" was much appreciated and led to one of the better discussions we've had this year about living the gospel.

I hope all of you felt the spirit today. I know that I did. Now we need to remember it for those times this week when we might have some hard times - going back to school or work tomorrow and dealing with the demands of the world.

I didn't get a chance to discuss living water as much as I would have liked to - I encourage you to go back and study what Jesus is teaching the woman at the well. This is really a turning point in his ministry when he really begins to acknowledge that he is more than a really good teacher - but that he is the Messiah.

Next week we will discuss Apostles. The reading assignment is Luke 4:14-32; 5; 6:12-16; Matthew 10. The study guide is here. Before class think about what an Apostle is. Who is your favorite Apostle from the past? When has one of the living Apostles influenced your life? How? I'll probably put in a blog post this week about Elder Maxwell. He's always been one of my favorite apostles and I miss him.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I hope to come to this weeks class. It seems really fun!
-Bliss