If you could meet anyone in the New Testament besides Jesus, whom would you want to meet and why?
The New Testament is full of some really interesting people that are great examples for us. We'll talk about a few of them in our lesson on Sunday, including Mary, Elizabeth, Zacharias, Joseph, and John the Baptist.
I would want to meet Paul. He is a fascinating man who has always inspired me with his drive to do what is right despite intense persecution. He was one of the learned men of his time, a Roman, and before his conversion was very zealous in his persecution of the Christians. His story reminds me of the power of redemption and the ability of one person to do an amazing work. Paul traveled the known world preaching the Gospel. He testified to both the poor and to Kings. His life was truly a living sacrifice to the Lord and his teachings have been a great inspiration to me.
2 comments:
I would want to meet Mary. What was it like to raise the Son of God? How did you parent someone who would become your Savior? What was Jesus like as a child? I've always admired her faith, courage, and obedience. One of my favorite scriptures of all time is Luke 1:37 where the angel is speaking to Mary. "For with God, nothing shall be impossible." And then Mary's response - "Behold the handmaid of the Lord..." I strive to have her confidence in God.
I would want to meet Mary, Martha and Lazarus. Martha has always been given a bad rap and I've always wanted to hear her side of the story. I also think it would be cool to talk to Lazarus and see what life after death is like.
Post a Comment