Sunday, January 9, 2011

This Week and Next Week

This Week: It was great to see a few more new faces. Jordan, Kyle, Johnny and Sam gave us a few more guys to get the numbers a little closer. I'm still getting used to having such a big class. I'm sure we'll adapt as time goes by.

I didn't think we had as much class participation as I would have liked but I think that may have been largely due to the class size and me not doing as good a job inviting participation as I would have liked. I did like sharing my BYU experience and "waiting patiently" to find Sister Hong and likening that to Elizabeth and Zacharias wait to have children. I hope each of us can find opportunities to share more stories from our lives that illustrate gospel principles.

We can learn some important lessons from Zacharias, Elizabeth, John the Baptist, Joseph, and Mary - especially how they delt with challeging times in their lives and learning how to fulfill God's plan for them. I hope we can all take a few moments to reflect on what we can learn from them.

Next Week: It's Christmas all over again! We will be studying Luke 2 and Matthew 2. Check out the study guide here. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!

Post in the comments if you have any questions about our lesson today or about things that come up as you study this week. Posting comments will dramatically increase your chances of getting candy in class next week :-).

No comments: