Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 5

Great participation today! I really appreciated everyone discussing the topic today even if there were a few too many side conversations. I don't mind a few distractions during the lesson but lets try to keep things reasonably on target.

I thought our discussion of how repentence is like excercise is worth some more thought. Repentence really is the way we strengthen our spirtiual selves and build the spritual muscle to withstand further temptation. Through repentance we set a foundation to find peace and happiness in our lives and prepare for eternal life.

One aspect of  John the Baptist that I find really interesting that we didn't get into much today was his humility in accepting his role as the preparer / forerunner for Christ. When Christ came to him to be baptized he had a much larger following than the Savior, yet when the Savior came he testified of his greatness and declared that he was not worthy to unlatch his shoes. The Lord has different roles for all of us and we need to understand how we should act in that role.

Next week our lesson focuses on being born again. The reading assignment is John 3-4. You can find the reading guide here.

I'm looking forward to a good discussion. I invite each of you to come prepared to discuss what it means to be born again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Bliss. sorry That I missed such an awesome class. I was home sick.