I'm excited for Sunday School this year. The New Testament is one of my favorite books of scripture to study. It is the best source we have to understand the life of the Savior and his mission. I've chosen John 17:3 as a mission statement for the class this year. I know if all of us focus on coming to know the Savior and our Heavenly Father more personally this year we will all better understand and prepare for the blessings of Eternal life and find greater peace and happiness in our lives today.
The New Testament has been a comfort to me throughout my life. I remember the first time I read the New Testament - I think I was in middle school - mostly what I remember is starting with the "begats" and not really understanding the Book of Revelation.
As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate the lessons from the life of the Savior and his disciples.
This year to help our Sunday School class learn about the New Testament and come to know the Savior better I thought I'd set up this simple blog.
I am still working out the details of how I will use it but basically I plan on posting a few things before each class. I will at least post each Sunday after the lesson and before the next weeks lesson with a summary of the lesson and our discussion that day and with the reading assignment for the next week. This post will also provide a place for class members to ask questions and make comments. I will work out some type of incentive system to encourage visiting the blog and doing your reading before each class so you can be prepared.
A few administrative notes - right now this is a public blog so there is no password on it. If anyone is uncomfortable with that let me know and I'll password protect it. I've turned comment moderation on so no comments should hit the site unless I approve them. Please remember that what you post will be visible to the other readers and to be very respectful of everyone's feelings.
I am getting excited for Sunday School 2011 in Somerset. We are going to have a great year.
No comments:
Post a Comment